WEEKLY CHALLENGE #18
1. WRITE: This week’s challenge is all about getting you moving around the Writer’s Carnival site. So, we have a few steps for you to follow… are you ready?
- Write an opening paragraph to a flash fiction story.
- Continue writing that story to a maximum of 500 words.
- Head over to your Dashboard and post your full flash fiction story to the Posts for Reviews section of Writer’s Carnival.
- Post the first paragraph of your shiny new story in the comments of THIS post WITH… the link to your full post that you completed in previous step.
Got it? Let’s summarize quickly. Write an opening paragraph. Finish writing that story, to a maximum of 500 words. Post the full story in the Writer’s Carnival community, and then come back here and post JUST the opening paragraph and a link to your full post.
Don’t have an upgraded an account? Don’t worry. We’ve got you covered! We’re offering one month TOTALLY FREE until August 31st. Full details here: https://www.writerscarnival.ca/free-one-month-upgrade/
Check out our Frequently Asked Questions here: https://www.writerscarnival.ca/about-us/
2. COMMENT: You MUST comment on FOUR other entries to qualify. If you do not, your entry will be disqualified from the challenge. Give and take… Keep the cycle going.
3. IMPORTANT In order to qualify, you MUST vote for your TOP TWO choices. If you don’t vote, you cannot win this challenge (even if you receive the most votes!). To vote, you need to reply to the email that goes out for the Weekly Challenges. In that email, if you scroll to the bottom, you will see all the information you need to vote for this challenge.You must join our mailing list in order to receive the weekly voting email.
4. DEADLINE: Tuesday, July 26th at 11:59 p.m. PST. Voting booth will open for this challenge on Wednesday, July 27th, and the winners will be announced the following Wednesday, August 3rd.
CONGRATULATIONS: To the winners of Challenge #16… Tim Hillebrant, Rebecca Braun and Nancy Bell.
THIS CHALLENGE IS OPEN TO ALL MEMBERS!
© 2016, Writer’s Carnival. All rights reserved.
The author has granted WritersCarnival.ca, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.