We’re starting from the beginning again, folks! So, instead of challenge #90 (what it would have been on the old site) it’s challenge #1… By the way, we hope you all love the look and functionality of the new WC! It’s been a lot of work, but we believe it will help everything run a lot better in the long run. We all just have to get used to the new layout, but don’t be afraid to ask questions. We’re here to help where possible 🙂
WEEKLY CHALLENGE #1
- WRITE: In this challenge, write the first sentence to a story. Make it a powerful one because you want it to grab people and pull them in!
- POST: Post your entry the ‘Leave a Reply’ box below.
- COMMENT: You MUST comment on FOUR other entries to qualify. If you do not, your entry will be disqualified from the challenge. Give and take… Keep the cycle going.
- ***IMPORTANT*** In order to qualify, you MUST vote for your TOP TWO choices. If you don’t vote, you cannot win this challenge (even if you receive the most votes!). To vote, you need to reply to the email that goes out for the Weekly Challenges. In that email, if you scroll to the bottom, you will see all the information you need to vote for this challenge.You must join our mailing list in order to receive the weekly voting email.
- DEADLINE: Tuesday, March 29th at 11:59 p.m. PST. Voting booth will open for this challenge on Wednesday, March 30th, and the winners will be announced the following Wednesday, April 6th.
THIS CHALLENGE IS OPEN TO ALL MEMBERS!
© 2016, Writer’s Carnival. All rights reserved.
The author has granted WritersCarnival.ca, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.