Hello Carnival Goers,
A lot of us our visually driven, regardless of how much we love to read or love writing for ‘just the writing’. It’s a natural reaction to be drawn to images or colours. This applies to your posts on Writer’s Carnival, too.
Of course, the main focus IS the writing, but to help draw attention to your post… why not add a picture?
Do me a favour and check out this page: https://www.writerscarnival.ca/category/posts/
Then come back and check out this page: https://www.writerscarnival.ca/tag/fantasy/
Notice the difference between the posts with a picture and the ones without? The posts with pictures stand out a lot more, don’t they? So here’s how to add a picture...
SET FEATURED IMAGE
The featured image is a photo option you can choose to be displayed to head up your Post.
- Go to FEATURED IMAGE in the bottom right hand corner.
- Click on SET FEATURED IMAGE.
- Drag and drop your chosen image file onto the page or click the Upload button to choose from your personal files.
- After you do this one time you will have begun to create your own Media Library. From now on, when you click on SET FEATURED IMAGE, your Media Library will open. From here, you can choose from collected images or Upload new ones.
- You will see this image at the top of your Post on the POST FOR REVIEW page.
Give it a shot! Put up a new post today, and, of course, be sure to review four other posts before you do. Looking forward to seeing you all posting again. Post any questions or comments you have down below.
© 2016, Anisa Claire. All rights reserved.
The author has granted WritersCarnival.ca, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.